Tops: White or navy with collar
- Must have long or short sleeves
- Knit polo-type or woven dress shirts, blouses, turtlenecks
- School t-shirts are OK (available thru the school office) and are either kelly green or royal blue (Horizons Elementary School colors)
Other dress code rules:
- A belt is required if the garment has belt loops
- Shirts (including t-shirts) must be tucked in
- Shorts/skirts must be mid-thigh or longer
- Clothing or footwear that is construed by the principal or designee as hazardous or dangerous to the health of the student or others can be prohibited
- Shoes must be safe, appropriate, and have enclosed heels or a heel strap (flip flops, slides, and sandals without heel straps may not be worn)
- Clothes must be appropriate size, with waist of garment worn at student’s waist
- Clothing that is too tight or too loose is not appropriate for school
- A small logo is acceptable
- School administrators will determine if clothing is appropriate for school and complies with district rules.
On very cold days, students who walk, bike, etc. may need to wear sweatpants, etc. over their school clothes on their way to/from school. However, any clothing that doesn’t meet dress code requirements must be removed before school begins.
Jackets, sweaters, coats, etc.
- Any kind of jacket/coat/cardigan is OK if it meets regular dress code** rules
- May not be disruptive, distracting, display offensive language/symbols, etc.
- School staff may ask students to remove jackets
- Any pullover garment that is worn all day (sweater, sweater vest, sweatshirt) should:
- Have a collar OR be worn with a collared uniform shirt or official school t-shirt underneath
- Must be solid white, solid navy or the school’s additional solid shirt color (school sweatshirts with no hoods are OK)
- Must not have any colored trim, stripes, decoration, etc. (small logos are OK)